Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger, cut in strips
- ½ cup white onion, chopped
- 1 stewing chicken, cut in to pieces
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 10 cups rice water
- 1 small green papaya, sliced into small pieces
- 1 cup sili leaves (chilli pepper leaves)
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Fry the garlic in hot cooking oil until brown.
- Add the ginger and chopped onions.
- Cook until soft.
- Drop in pieces of chicken.
- Season with fish sauce.
- Cover and let simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the rice water and simmer until chicken is tender.
- Add the sliced papaya and cook until papaya is tender.
- Just before removing from the fire, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the leaves.
- Serve hot.