Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chicken Tikka from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 2 hours to marinate, 30 minutes to prepare
- Serves: 4
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ⅔ cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger root, smashed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- Sprinkle with salt and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine all marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Thread chicken onto skewers.
- Brush marinade on all sides then cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare grill.
- Grill chicken for 15–20 minutes, turning often, until cooked through.
- In a small bowl, make the dipping sauce by combining the yogurt and mint.