Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 4 servings.
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced
- 2 x 14½-ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 cup dried lentils
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until light brown. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- Spoon off excess fat from skillet; add onion, carrots and celery. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in broth, lentils, thyme and bay leaf. Return chicken to skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until lentils are tender and chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove bay leaf. Serve over hot rice. Sprinkle with parsley.