Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 lbs. Chicken, black and white, skinned, boned, and cut into 1.5-in. cubes
- 3 cups Onion, chopped
- 2 cups yogurt
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 5 cloves
- 5 cardamom, bruised
- 1 in. cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 4 tablespoons musturd oil
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro for garnish
- In large bowl, combine Chicken pieces, pepper, turmeric, and salt; toss well. In a non-stick sauce pan, heat oil. To the hot oil, add cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, and bay leaves; fry for 30 sec. Add chopped onions, and fry until brown. Put garlic and ginger into the Onion mixture; fry for 30 sec. To this mixture, add cumin, coriander, chili powder, and grated nutmeg. Mix them well for a minute or so on low heat. Increase the heat to medium, and transfer Chicken pieces into the spice mixture; stir well to brown. Add yogurt, chicken stock to the browned Chicken. Lower the heat to low and let simmer until Chicken pieces are tender, and the sauce has thickened up to a desired consistency, about 35-45 minutes.
- When cooked, turn off the heat and add chopped cilantro to garnish. Serve hot with rice, and or roti.