Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 whole Chicken
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt
- 4 large cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Omani mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 finely chopped (small) hot pepper (or 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper)
- 4 Tablespoons chopped fresh coriander or cilantro (or some oregano flakes)
- Skin the Chicken. Wash it, cut it into 8 pieces, and drain it. In a bowl, mix the Chicken with all of the other ingredients except for the fresh chopped coriander. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2–3 hours.
- Put a heavy sauce pan with a good lid on the stove. Add a few Tablespoons of oil to the pan and turn on the heat. Place the Chicken in the pan with the bony side down. Sprinkle the fresh coriander over the Chicken. Cover with the lid. Lower the heat to the minimum level and allow to cook for 50–60 minutes or until the Chicken is tender. You may serve the Chicken as it is, or brown it under a broiler for a few minutes before serving.