Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Dubach Estate in Combine, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 box frozen corn kernels cooked
- 1 tomato diced
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 whole chicken cut up into parts
- 1 cup canned enchilada sauce
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 8 prepared corn tortillas
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- In large bowl stir together corn kernels, diced tomato, scallions, jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper to make salsa.
- Set aside.
- Place chicken parts in large saucepan then cover with cold water.
- On top of stove bring chicken to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from heat then set aside to cool.
- Drain well and dice separating from bones.
- Place chicken on stove in medium saucepan.
- Add enchilada sauce and taco seasoning to pan.
- Cook over low heat stirring for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wrap tortillas together in foil then warm in oven for 10 minutes.
- To serve wrap tortillas in cloth napkin and place in basket.
- Place chicken mixture, salsa, sour cream and grated cheese in individual serving bowls.
- Assemble by topping tortillas as desired.