Contributed by Pets Holistic Med Community
Pets Holistic Med is a community based on Holistic Pet Care Issues. Membership to the site is free. Also, feel free to participate in the Pet Holistic Forums, check out our free articles, web resources and our eBook.
Dr. Mayra Alfonso has published a Holistic Pet Care Guide exclusively available on this site. This manual is a must for pet owners. Be sure you know the facts about your pets health care options before damaging your pets health and well being with dangerous and risky treatments!
- 8 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 kilos chicken backs and necks
- 4 liters water
- 2 large cups baby cabbage chopped
- 2 cups carrots chopped
- parsley 5 strings
- 3 liters water
- In a large kettle or pot, heat up 4 tablespoons of oil over medium heat.
- Add in the chicken pieces and brown them on all sides evenly.
- Remove the chicken and reserve.
- Add 1 cup of water to pot and deglaze it over medium heat.
- Make sure to loosen all the scrapings of browned bits.
- Add these dripping to the chicken and reserve this.
- In the same pot, heat up the remaining oil over medium heat.
- Add in the baby cabbage and carrots and cook until baby cabbage are transparent.
- Add in the reserved chicken with the drippings, parsley, remaining water, and bring all this to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer covered for 2 hours.
- To obtain stock, strain the mixture and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Remove any fat from the top surface.
- This can be used within several days or freeze and use in portions.
- To make soup, remove all the chicken parts and serve the vegetables and broth over kibbles.