Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 tablespoon peeld and finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup oil from frying Chicken
- 3 large yellow or red onions, minced
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 to 4 hot chiles, seeded and minced
- 4 tomatoes, blanched, peeled, and pureed or 1 13-ounce (410g) can *Italian peeled tomatoes, undrained and pureed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 pound (125g) button Mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh or frozen corn
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 6 cups hot cooked long-grain rice or couscous, as accompaniment
- lettuce leaves, for garnish
- 1 or 2 tomatoes, sliced, for garnish
- Rinse and dry the Chicken pieces. Mix the seasoning ingredients and combine them with the Chicken drumsticks. Toss well so each piece of Chicken is well coated. Cover and set aside in a cool place for about 4 hours or, preferably, overnight in a refrigerator.
- Heat vegetable oil for frying in a large, heavy-based, nonstick, deep skillet. Dredge each seasoned drumstick in cornstarch and fry in the hot oil to seal and quickly brown the outside (about 3 to 4 minutes each). Turn Chicken to ensure even browning. When it is golden brown, remove the Chicken from the oil and drain on paper towels. Repeat the process with all the Chicken pieces. Cover and set aside.