These spring rolls are only easy to make and do not involve any exotic ingredients. Even without fancy sauces, they are filled with flavor!
- 1 quart cooking oil, for frying
- 2 cans chicken chunks, drained and flaked
- 1 small onion, grated, red, white, or yellow only or (3 spring onions, sliced)
- ½ cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1 small carrot, grated
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce, store-brought only
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, dark or light only
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package spring roll wrappers
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large, heavy saucepan to 375° F (190° C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together chicken, onion, cabbage, carrot, barbecue sauce, hot sauce, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place approximately 1 tablespoon of the chicken mixture in the center of spring roll wrappers.
- Moisten fingers with water, and wet the edges of the wrappers.
- Roll around the filling. Press seams to seal.
- In small batches, deep-fry the spring rolls 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels then serve hot and plain over rice.