Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- two (2) teaspoons baking powder
- one (1) pint flour
- one (1) tablespoon butter
- one (1) cup sweetened condensed milk
- stewed chicken
- Thoroughly and evenly mix the baking powder into the flour
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture and rub it in to distribute it evenly
- Stir in the sweetened milk
- Form the dough into a single large cake and bake it "quickly", according to the original recipe
- Serve on a platter, torn open with stewed chicken turned over it
From Breakfast, Dinner and Supper by Maud C. Cooke (1897), p. 140