Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 8 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 6 green onions (green and white parts chopped separately)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 chiles serranos, separated
- 1 large tomato, peeled and diced
- ¾ cup cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add chicken; cook until light brown on both sides. Remove chicken; set aside.
- To same skillet add rice; cook and stir about 3 minutes or until rice is lightly browned. Add white part of the onions and garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add salt and broth. Bring to a boil; stir once or twice. Reduce heat.
- Arrange chicken on top of rice and insert 3 whole* serranos randomly into rice. Cover and simmer 15 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in small skillet until hot.
- Add green part of the onions and cook over medium heat 1 minute.
- Add tomato and the remaining serranos, finely chopped; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in cilantro and cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat and add lime juice.
- Add green onion mixture to rice and toss lightly.
- Serve immediately with refried beans, if desired.