Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 4 servings
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 small onion (4 ounces,120 g)) sliced thin
- 4 ounces (120 g) mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) low fat, low salt mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) ketchup
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) Dijon mustard
- 4 x 4-ounce (120 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 multi-grain crisp rolls, about 1 ounce (30 g) each, cut in half horizontally
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Sauté the onions and mushrooms over medium high heat until they are cooked through and begin to brown.
- Add the garlic and cook for two minutes.
- Set aside.
- In a small cup combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
- Set aside.
- Grill the chicken until done, about 5 minutes per side.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut into thin slices.
- Heat the rolls on the grill just before assembling the sandwiches.
- To serve: place 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of the sauce on the bottom of each roll.
- Top with chicken slices, onions and mushrooms.
- Serve warm.
Nutritional information Edit
- 238 calories (16% calories from fat) | 30 g protein | 4 g total fat (1.5 g saturated fat) | 19 g carbohydrates | 2 g dietary fiber | 67 mg cholesterol | 272 mg sodium
- Diabetic exchanges: 3 very lean protein | 1 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch | 1 vegetable)