Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- makes 12 servings
- 5 pounds (2,400 g) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup (150 g) non-fat sour cream
- ¾ cup (150 g) non-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) white wine vinegar
- 4 celery ribs, strings removed, and cut into small dice
- ½ cup (75 g) walnuts
- ¼ cup (12 g) chopped fresh tarragon
- freshly grated pepper
- extra tarragon for garnish
- Poach the chicken breasts in simmering broth until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Drain, cool, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and vinegar.
- Combine the chicken and dressing. (can be made ahead and refrigerated to this point 1 day in advance).
- Before serving, add the celery, walnuts, tarragon and pepper to taste.
- Place mixture in a large serving bowl.
- Garnish with tarragon.
Nutritional information Edit
Per ½-cup serving:
- 271 calories (19% calories from fat) | 46 g protein) | 6 g total fat (0.9 g saturated fat)) | 7 g carbohydrates) | 1 g dietary fiber) | 111 mg cholesterol) | 253 mg sodium
- diabetic exchanges: 6 very lean protein, ½ carbohydrate (bread/starch)