Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- makes 12 servings
- 5 pounds (2,400 g) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup (150 g) non-fat sour cream
- ¾ cup (150 g) non-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) white wine vinegar
- 4 celery ribs, strings removed, and cut into small dice
- ½ cup (75 g) walnuts
- ¼ cup (12 g) chopped fresh tarragon
- freshly grated pepper
- extra tarragon for garnish
- Poach the chicken breasts in simmering broth until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Drain, cool, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and vinegar.
- Combine the chicken and dressing. (can be made ahead and refrigerated to this point 1 day in advance).
- Before serving, add the celery, walnuts, tarragon and pepper to taste.
- Place mixture in a large serving bowl.
- Garnish with tarragon.
Nutritional information Edit
Per ½-cup serving:
- 271 calories (19% calories from fat) | 46 g protein) | 6 g total fat (0.9 g saturated fat)) | 7 g carbohydrates) | 1 g dietary fiber) | 111 mg cholesterol) | 253 mg sodium
- diabetic exchanges: 6 very lean protein, ½ carbohydrate (bread/starch)