Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Americans have invented many attractive salads combining meat or poultry with chopped vegetables and appropriate fruits. There are epicurean puritans who reject such cooking practices as highly objectionable; nevertheless, Americans are not alone in their liking for these unusual salad combinations. Connoisseurs in many other countries seem to enjoy them also. Americans use chicken in a wide variety of salad combinations. Here, for example, is a refreshing salad using leftover cooked chicken with fruits and vegetables.
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Source: The World's 100 Best Recipes by Roland Goock
- Formatted by Ckpenner77@hotmail.Com
- 4 servings
- 1¾ cups (250 g or 9 oz) cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (100 g or 3½ oz) diagonally sliced celery, or use cooked celery root (celeriac), cut in sticks
- 1 small onion, minced. juice of 1 lemon, salt
- 12 pimento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1 cup (100 g or 3½ oz) grapes, halved, and seeds removed
- 1 small can mandarin oranges, drained
- Combine chicken, celery and onion in a bowl; sprinkle lemon juice over mixture.
- Season to taste and toss gently to mix ingredients.
- Chill in refrigerator about 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, add almonds, grapes and mandarin oranges.
- Gently toss with enough mayonnaise to moisten ingredients.
- Serve salad on crisp greens.