Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Submitted by: Jill Karlya via dLife
- Original recipe
- 4 Servings
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- ⅓ cup chopped cored apple, chopped seeded cucumber, or finely chopped celery
- 1 hard-cooked egg, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- salt and black pepper
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- Stir together the chicken, apple and egg in a medium-size bowl.
- Add yogurt and mayonnaise, stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- Spread chicken mixture on half of the bread slices.
- Top with remaining bread slices.
- If desired, cut away crusts.
- Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles or squares.
- Great to serve as finger sandwiches at a special luncheon.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 244 | Total Fat 9g | Saturated Fat 2g | Cholesterol 87mg | Sodium 432mg | Carbohydrate 26g | Sugar 12g | Fiber 4g | Protein 17g