Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Nice looking, light, appy with great taste.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, cooked chickens
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- Lightly greese 15 x 10 inch jelly-roll pan or baking sheet with edge.
- Line with parchment paper or foil, shiny side up.
- Coat generously with butter or margarine and flour lightly.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter or margarine.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add milk.
- Cook and stir until mixture comes to boil, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat egg yolks, adding a few tablespoons hot sauce, then beat egg yolk mixture into sauce.
- season with salt, nutmeg and pepper.
- Pour into medium bowl and cool slightly.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tatar util stiff but not dry.
- Gr ently fold into sauce.
- Spread mixture in prepared pan.
- bake in a 375 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and top feels firm.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Invert roulade on clean tea towel.
- Carefully peel off paper in strips.
- Cool completely.
- Cut crosswise in half to make 2 rectangles 10 inches wide.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Spread filling over both rectangles.
- Starting with a 10 inch side, roll up both rectangles.
- Wrap separately with plastic film and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (May be prepared 2 days ahead.)
- Cut into 1/2 inch slices.