This recipe is for 2 servings.
- 150 g celery, sliced
- 100 g mushroom, sliced
- 100 g carrots, sliced
- 30 g onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 240 g tomatoes, peeled
- 150 g tomato sauce
- 2 g thyme
- 2 g oregano
- 30 g sugar
- 600 g chicken breasts
- 100 g ricotta cheese
- 90 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 20 g snipped fresh parsley
- 100 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Spray a cold large saucepan with nonstick spray coating.
- Add celery, mushrooms, carrot, onion,and garlic.
- Cook till onion is tender.
- Cut up tomatoes.
- Stir undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano,thyme, and sugar into vegetables.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or till mixture is reduced to 2 cups.
Chicken roll Edit
- Meanwhile, skin, bone and cut chicken breasts lengthwise in half.
- Place each chicken piece between 2 pieces of plastic wrap pound with a meat mallet to about ¼ inch thickness.
- In a bowl stir together ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Spoon about 1½ tablespoons of the cheese mixture on each chicken piece.
- Fold in long sides of chicken piece then roll up from short end place the chicken rolls, seam side down, in an baking dish, pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Bake, covered for 40 minutes or till chicken is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese ; bake 4 minutes more.
- Transfer to platter.