Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ranch dressing mix coats the chicken strips and serves as a salad glaze for these healthy pita sandwiches.
- Prep: 20 minutes - Bake: 4 minutes
- Makes 4 sandwiches
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- ½ (1-ounce) envelope dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 (6 to 7-inch) pita fold breads
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- ½ cup red bell pepper strips
- 4 onion slices, halved, separated
- ⅓ cup Land o Lakes ® sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Coat chicken pieces with 2 teaspoons salad dressing mix.
- Heat oil in 8 or 10-inch skillet; add chicken pieces.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned (5 to 7 minutes).
- Cover; continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink (5 to 7 minutes).
- Uncover; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, wrap pita breads in aluminum foil.
- Bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, combine lettuce, red bell pepper and onions in medium bowl.
- Stir together sour cream, mayonnaise and remaining salad dressing mix in small bowl.
- Stir in milk.
- Pour mixture over lettuce; toss lightly.
- Add chicken; toss gently to coat.
- Spoon chicken mixture into warm pitas.
- Fold in half; secure with toothpicks, if desired.
Make-ahead tip Edit
Prepare and cook chicken mixture up to 1 day ahead. Just before serving, place chicken mixture in microwave- safe bowl; cover with waxed paper. Microwave on medium (50% power) until mixture is warmed (2 to 3 minutes). Heat pita breads as directed above. Continue assembling pitas as directed above.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1 sandwich:
- Calories 370 | fat 14 g | cholesterol 50 mg | sodium 450 mg | carbohydrates 39 g | dietary fiber 3 g | protein 21 g