This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Lowery Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 package fresh mushrooms
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese
- 1 can cream chicken soup
- 2 large cans chicken white meat cooked and cubed
- noodles or rice
- In frying pan with small amount of butter sauté green pepper and mushrooms until peppers are tender.
- Add soup, sour cream, chicken and cheddar cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Mix with prepared noodles or rice and pour into casserole dish and bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle cheese over top during last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Return to oven to melt cheese.