- Sauté bacon in a pot, then add the chicken pieces and saute until the edges start to brown.
- Add onions and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine to deglaze.
- Let it reduce for 3 – 4 minutes, then add the chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and let it simmer gently over low heat for one hour.
- Add the celery, carrots, and mushrooms.
- Stir, then cover and let it simmer for 20 minutes more, adding more liquid if necessary.
- Finally, add the rosemary, and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cover the pot surface with the pie dough.
- Brush with the eggwash, then bake in the oven for about 12 – 15 minutes, until the surface has browned and the dough has cooked.
- Serve hot with mashed potatoes.