Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 4 servings
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1½ tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes or 3 teaspoons granules
- 1½ cups cooked rice, cooled
- 1½ cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- ¾ cup grated Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup chicken gravy
- Cook celery and onion in butter until soft but not brown.
- Blend in flour, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper.
- Add milk and bouillon. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and thickened. Chill.
- Mix sauce with rice, chicken and cheese. Adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Form into 8 balls (⅓ cup each). Roll in combined breadcrumbs and paprika.
- Place in buttered shallow 1½-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 425 degrees 30 minutes.
- Serve with gravy made with milk and chicken broth.