Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1½ pounds)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and cut into ½-inch cubes
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 x 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook until brown on both sides. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Reduce heat to low; add flour to oil left in skillet. Stir about 15 minutes or until brown, being careful not to burn. Add celery, onion and parsley; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet; add tomatoes, pepper and tomato sauce. Cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Serve over hot rice. Garnish as desired.