Makes 6 servings
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 to 2½ cups cooked chicken cubes
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 x 20-ounce can pineapple chunks in juice (drain; reserve juice)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into ¾-inch squares
- 3 to 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook onion in oil in large skillet until tender crisp.
- Add chicken, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Blend catsup and pineapple juice with enough water to make 2½ cups liquid; pour over chicken. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce; stir into chicken mixture.
- Add green pepper and pineapple chunks; cook 5 minutes more.
- Serve over hot rice.