Makes 4 servings
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 pound boned and skinned chicken breast chunks
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ½ cup diced green pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Cook bacon in large skillet over low heat until crisp. Remove bacon from drippings; set aside.
- Season chicken with paprika, salt and black pepper.
- Brown in Bacon drippings over medium-high heat.
- Add reserved bacon, chicken, paprika, salt, pepper, rice, onions, celery, green pepper, thyme and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with fork.