Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chicken Picante from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into ½-inch wide strips
- 3 x 14½ oz cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 x 29½ oz can hominy, drained or 3 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder or to taste
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add chicken to the skillet and sauté until no longer pink, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, hominy and chili powder and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until chicken is cooked through and sauce is slightly thickened, breaking up tomatoes with back of spoon, about 8 minutes.
- Mix in cilantro and season to taste with salt and pepper.