This is a wonderful tasting, easy to make dish that I will make often. I love stir-fries and I really enjoyed it. I did cut the recipe in half for just myself. I got the recipe from Taste of Home 2006 Annual Recipes and it was submitted by Kelly Baumgardt.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 each small green, sweet red and yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¾ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- ¾ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, stir-fry the peppers, onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil until crisp-tender.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry the chicken and Cajun seasoning in remaining oil until juices run clear.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, water, lemon juice, mustard, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce; pour over chicken.
- Return pepper mixture to the pan; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Serve with rice if desired.