- A 2 & 1/2 to 3 lb. Chicken, cut up
- 5 pints cold water
- 2 level tablespoons salt
- 3 level tablespoons Peanut butter
- 2 level teaspoons tomato concentrate
- 1 sprig parsley, chopped
- 1/4 level teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small Potato, diced
- Place Chicken in a saucepan with cold water and salt; cover and bring slowly to the boil; remove scum.
- Simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Mix Peanut butter with 1/4 pint of the chicken stock and add to the boiling Chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients and cover.
- Simmer very gently for about 1 hour, occasionally.
- Serve hot. Serves 8.