Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 25 Minutes
A famous Hungarian chicken recipe.
- Check Out More Authentic Hungarian Recipes
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- cooking spray
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- ½ cup non-fat sour cream
- Coat chicken breasts liberally on both sides with the paprika. Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high. Add the butter.
- When melted, add chicken breasts and sauté until lightly browned on both sides; about 4 minutes. Remove to a serving platter. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the onion to skillet and sauté for 1 minute. Add wine, stirring to scrape up any brown bits in the pan. Increase heat to high and reduce wine to half. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and add chicken breasts back to the pan. Cover and simmer until chicken is tender; about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook noodles until just tender; 3-5 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer noodles to a serving platter. Remove the chicken from the sauce and arrange on top of the noodles. Whisk sour cream into sauce in skillet until smooth.
- Cook and stir until sauce thickens slightly; 2-3 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken.