- Brown onions in shortening.
- Add seasonings and chicken, brown 10 minutes.
- Add water, cover and let simmer slowly until it is tender.
- Remove chicken, add sour cream to drippings in pan and mix well.
- To thicken gravy, mix into a paste 1 tbsp soft butter with 1 tbsp of flour and stir into drippings.
- Add dumplings and arrange chicken on top.
- Heat through, but do not boil, and serve.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.