- Brown onions in shortening.
- Add seasonings and chicken, brown 10 minutes.
- Do not let burn.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaf and water, cover and let simmer slowly until it is tender.
- To thicken gravy, mix into a paste 2 tbsp soft butter with 2 tbsp flour and stir into the stew liquid.
- Cook a few minutes until the liquid thickens.
- Serve with dumplings or wide noodles.
- Top each serving with sour cream.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.