Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 12 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon ground saffron
- 1 small red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small green pepper, cut into strips
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add to hot oil in Dutch oven or "paellero" and cook over medium-high heat. Turn to brown both sides; remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Add rice, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until onion is transparent and rice is lightly browned.
- Add broth, tomatoes and juice, paprika, oregano and saffron. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces, pepper strips and Peas. Cover and simmer 15 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.