Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 x 14½- to 16-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1½ cups double-strength chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 x 10-ounce package frozen cut okra
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook onion, peppers and garlic in butter in large saucepan until tender but not brown.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, poultry seasoning, salt and red pepper. Cook, covered, over medium heat 10 minutes.
- Add okra and cook 10 minutes longer; add chicken.
- Blend ¼ cup water and flour; add a little hot tomato sauce from skillet to flour mixture.
- Stir flour mixture into skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve over fluffy rice.