Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chicken Oregano with Sweet Peppers and Rice from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1.5 lbs chicken pieces, skin removed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried and crushed)
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¾ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium, sweet green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium, sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- cooked white rice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Cook chicken over medium heat until light brown (about 15 minutes), turning once.
- Reduce heat.
- Sprinkle garlic, lemon, half of tomato, onion, parsley and oregano over chicken pieces in skillet.
- Add wine and broth.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining tomato and sweet peppers, cover and continue to simmer for 7–10 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Serve with cooked rice.