Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
http://metrokc.gov/HEALTH/nutrition/recipes/chickennicoise.htm Chicken Niçoise] from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1¼ cups non-fat chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup small white onions
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 medium green bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 6 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- cooked rice or noodles (optional)
- Remove extra fat from chicken.
- Bring ¼ cup of the broth in a large skillet to a boil then add chicken and cook until browned on each side.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add garlic, onions, seasoning, bell peppers, olives and remaining broth to skillet and bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken then reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center of the thickest cut of the meat.
- Serve with rice or noodles (optional).