- 1 frying chicken, cut up
- ¼ cup margarine
- 4 green onions; thinly sliced
- 1 tomato; diced
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ tsp sugar
- salt, pepper
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp flour
- ½ tsp paprika
- thyme to taste
- Rub chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat margarine; brown chicken on both sides; add boiling water; cover and cook 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from pan; keep hot.
- To the juices in pan, add onions; cook until soft.
- (save a bit for garnish from the green tops).
- Add tomatoes; cook until soft as mush; add thyme and parsley.
- salt and pepper if needed.
- Mix sour cream, flour, paprika; add to onions and salt.
- Cook until thick; spoon over chicken and serve.
- Sometimes, due to extenuating weather conditions, the sauce will not thicken enough; when this happens, just swallow your pride and pour over chicken anyway; it will still taste great.