Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Hawaiian Chinese dish
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2½ lb chicken parts
- 3 quarts water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1½ tbsp minced fresh ginger root
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 8 oz "long rice" (bean threads — you may substitute angel hair pasta if you have to)
- 3 green onions, chopped (green tops included)
- Put chicken into a five quart saucepan with two quarts of the water, the salt and ginger.
- Bring to a boil, skim, lower heat, and simmer for 40 – 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain, saving broth.
- Remove meat from chicken, discarding bones.
- Shred meat and set aside.
- Combine broth, onion, bouillon cubes and the remaining one quart water in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add long rice, then lower heat and cook, covered for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let stand about 30 minutes.
- With kitchen shears, cut long rice into approximately 3- or 4- inch lengths.
- Stir in chicken and heat briefly, if desired, before serving.
- Sprinkle with green onions.