Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 720ml/24fl.oz. Stock
- 225g/8oz rice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 675g/1 ½ lb Chicken Livers
- 8 Spring onions, chopped
- 1 teasp Ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 240ml/8fl.oz. Plain yoghurt
- 2 tbsp flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4. Place the stock and rice in a saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the Chicken livers and sauté for about 3 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add the spring onions, pepper, salt and cumin and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Drain the rice ( but leave it quite wet) then add to the Chicken livers and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a large, shallow baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, flour and yoghurt together in a mixing bowl, then after the cooking time, pour over the rice and liver mixture, return to the oven and bake for a further 10–15 minutes until browed.
- Serve immediately with extra yoghurt on the side.