- 6 chopped chicken livers
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 1 x 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- parsley (optional)
- Cook chicken livers, celery, onions, and mushrooms in butter until tender crisp.
- Add rice, broth, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Stir well.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff lightly with a fork. Garnish with the parsley and serve plain or with other dishes.