Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Every year during the winter holiday season, I enjoy making dishes to celebrate the holiday traditions. One my favorite dishes for these occasions when I was growing up was Chicken liver pâté. In our family recipe for chopped liver, butter is the secret ingredient that makes this pâté creamy, rich, and really delicious.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound chicken livers
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 sticks of butter
- Salt to taste
- Bread, such as baguette, sliced
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add onions and fry until they turn golden.
- Meanwhile, cook livers in boiling water for about 10-15 minutes. Drain and cool.
- In a food processor, mix onions, livers, eggs, and butter until mixture is smooth.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Refrigerate for couple of hours before serving.
- Spread a thin layer on fresh or toasted bread slices.