Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Original recipe calls for chicken breast with bones. Because of the sauce, it is easier to eat with bones removed. A good dish to make with a whole utility frying chicken. Bones and skin can be cooked up in a separate pot for stock.
- Makes 4 servings
- 14 oz tomatoes, canned
- ½ tsp basil, dried
- ½ tsp tarragon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tsp butter, oil or margarine
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 lbs chicken pieces, skinned
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped or 2 tsp dry
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Pour tomatoes into container of a blender or food processor.
- Add basil, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Puree until smooth.
- Melt margarine in a large frypan.
- Saute garlic over medium heat 1 minutes (or mix in ½ tsp garlic powder with other spices)
- Add chicken pieces, sauté, turning once or twice until golden on both sides.
- Cover with tomato mixture.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes until tender.
- Remove chicken and place in a warm oven-proof dish.
- Stir parsley into sauce and spoon over chicken.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Place under heated broiler 1 minutes just until cheese melts or place on a microwave-safe dish and melt cheese in microwave or sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Nutritional information Edit
- 255 calories | 5g carbohydrate | 25g protein | 15g fat
- 3 protein choices, ½ fruits choice, 1 fats choice