- Makes 6 servings
- 2 to 2½ pounds frying chicken, cut up
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Mix flour, paprika, salt, and peppers in paper or plastic bag; add 1 piece of chicken at a time and shake to coat.
- Brown chicken on all sides in hot oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook until golden.
- Pour off fat.
- Add broth to skillet; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in parsley.
- Serve with hot rice.