Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 to 4 pound chicken, cut into pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 onions, diced
- 5 medium carrots or 3 cups, sliced ¼-inch thick on bias
- 4 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 inch peeled ginger
- 1½ cups chopped tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken stock or broth, divided
- 2 ounces fresh thyme leaves
- 1 habanero, pierced
- 1 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped for garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in oven roasting pan.
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper and brown in hot pan, remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add butter and sauté onions for five minutes or until soft.
- Add carrots (and any additional vegetables), garlic, ginger and tomatoes.
- Add 4 cups of hot chicken stock, thyme and habanero.
- In a separate bowl, whisk peanut butter and tomato paste into remaining 2 cups of stock and add to the pan.
- Add the chicken back to the pan.
- Bring to boil, then simmer for 2 to 2½ hours or until chicken falls from bones.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Can be served with rice, potatoes or noodles.