Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chicken Gorgonzola with Orzo from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (14½ oz) chicken broth
- 1½ cups uncooked orzo pasta
- ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ⅓ cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Remove fat from chicken and cut chicken into half inch strips.
- Spray a 10-inch skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken in skillet until browned or about 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and cook onion over medium-high heat until tender, stirring often (about 4 minutes).
- Stir in broth, pasta, seasoning, lemon pepper and chicken.
- Heat to boiling then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered for 11 minutes, stirring occasionally until pasta is just tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir in Gorgonzola cheese and serve.