Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chicken Garden Risotto from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 6
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1¾ cups (12 ounces) uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets, cut into bite-size pieces [or 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli, thawed]
- 2 cans (14½ ounces each) reduced sodium chicken stock or broth
- 2 ears fresh corn, kernels cut from cobs [or 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed]
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Rinse chicken. Pat dry. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add orzo, broccoli and broth. Reduce heat to medium. Cover skillet. Cook 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken. Cook 6 minutes.
- Mix in corn and pepper. Cook 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in cheese gently. Serve hot.