Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 cup onion, sliced very thin
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and cut into 4 pieces each
- 4 cups red cabbage, shredded fine
- 1 chicken cut into 8 pieces
- ½ cup dry red wine
- freshly ground black pepper
- Put the sliced onion, ¼ cup oil and garlic in a saute pan, cook on medium until onion turns a deep gold.
- Add shredded cabbage, stir to coat well, sprinkle with salt.
- Cover pan and simmer cabbage for 40 minutes.
- Turn from time to time, until cabbage is tender and considerably reduced in bulk.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- In a second pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add chicken in a single layer, skin-side down; brown well on both sides.
- Transfer chicken to the pan with the cabbage.
- Add wine and a few grinding of pepper, cover pan and continue cooking about 45 minutes.
- The chicken will be very tender and the cabbage will have nearly melted into a dark sauce.