Makes 6 servings.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1¼ cups chicken broth, divided
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 poblano peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and deveined
- ⅓ cup almonds, blanched
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1¾ cups milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- Combine rice, chicken, cheese, sour cream, ½ cup chicken broth, onions, paprika and salt in large bowl. Mix thoroughly; set aside.
- Combine remaining ¾ cup chicken broth, pepper, almonds, cilantro and garlic in blender; process until smooth.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium heat. Add pepper mixture and cook over medium heat until thickened stirring constantly 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; add cream, ¾ cup milk and black pepper. Simmer uncovered 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened. Set aside.
- Dip each tortilla in remaining 1 cup milk. Place small skillet coated with cooking spray over low heat until hot.
- Heat each tortilla until warm and soft. Remove tortillas and stack on plate; keep warm.
- Spoon ¼ cup rice mixture in center of each tortilla, folding sides over.
- Place in 13x9x2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Top with green mole sauce, cover and bake at 350 °F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly.