Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Another spicy Malaysian dish - a must during most meals. This hot, spicy and yet creamy flavoured dish goes well with rice or bread.
- 1 Chicken (cut in pieces)
- 4 potatoes, pre-boiled and cut into quarters
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 cm ginger (sliced)
- 5 tbsp chilli paste or sambal oelek
- 2 cups coconut milk or fresh milk
- 2 onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 stalk lemon grass
- 1 lemon leaf (if available)
- 2 cloves
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 small piece of cinnamon stick
- curry powder (add with water to make smooth paste)
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Grind garlic, ginger and chillies into fine paste. Stir fry Onion in hot oil until soft. Add cloves, cinnamon stick, chilli paste, curry powder paste and cook for 1 minute. Add Chicken pieces and salt to taste and coat with spices. Add potatoes, 1 cup coconut milk, lemon grass and lemon leaf. Simmer until Chicken is cooked. Add 2nd cup of coconut milk. When bubbles, add lemon juice and cook for another minute. Serve hot with rice.