Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chicken Creole from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 medium chicken breast halves, skinned, boned, cooked, and cut into 1-inch strips or cubes
- 1 x 14-oz. can tomatoes, diced or chopped
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1½ cups (2 medium) green pepper, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil, crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried parsley
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Using a deep skillet, sauté onion and garlic in vegetable oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.