- Prep Time: takes longer to make broth
- Occasion: Any
- Effort: Average
- Serves: 6 – 8
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup corn - canned already boiled - grind coarsely
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 3 – 6 tbsp cornflour
- 2 eggs
- Add 4 cups of water to chicken in pan, along with sliced onions, garlic cloves, salt and pepper.
- Cook initially on high heat till water boils, then on medium heat - cover halfway till chicken is tender (check with fork).
- Take chicken out and shred.
- Strain the chicken broth and throw away onions and garlic.
- Measure broth in cups and pour into a bigger pan, add more cups of water to it- equivalent to number of people being served.
- Add one extra cup for cooking.
- Add corn and shred chicken and bring to boil.
- Now add soy sauce and chili sauce (may add while serving if desired).
- Mix 4 tbsp cornflour in about half cup cold water and stir well.
- Make sure soup is on boil and add cornflour while stirring.
- You may keep adding 2tbsp cornflour mixed in ¾ cup water to soup till desired thickness is obtained.
- Lastly add the eggs, slightly whipped while stirring.