Tomato Juice, Canned by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups tomato juice
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed chicken or turkey, cooked 
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter or margarine.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Blend in flour.
- Gradually stir in tomato juice, milk, and pepper until smooth.
- Cook until mixture boils and thickens slightly, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken or turkey and corn.
- Heat through.
- ↑ For 2 cups cubed cooked chicken: in a medium saucepan, cook 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cubed, for 5 minutes, until meat is no longer pink.