Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tomato Juice, Canned by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups tomato juice
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed chicken or turkey, cooked 
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter or margarine.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Blend in flour.
- Gradually stir in tomato juice, milk, and pepper until smooth.
- Cook until mixture boils and thickens slightly, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken or turkey and corn.
- Heat through.
- ↑ For 2 cups cubed cooked chicken: in a medium saucepan, cook 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cubed, for 5 minutes, until meat is no longer pink.